This feature is currently only available for non-Automotive Revenue Digital Assistants™.
The Conversica team will be responsible for the initial set up of Website Chat. They will notify you when the Website Chat conversation and integration are added.
After you receive this notification, you can follow the steps in this article to complete the setup process.
To complete this process you will need to complete the following steps:
After engaging with website visitors via Website Chat, your AI-powered assistant will add them to Conversica as leads in Conversica. These leads must be assigned to a Conversica user. As part of the setup process, you will need to determine how you would like Website Chat leads to be assigned in Conversica.
Below are some options to consider for Website Chat Lead assignment.
- Default Assignment: By default, Website Chat leads will be assigned to your Default Rep.
- Specific Rep Assignment: If you want chat leads to be assigned to a specific user or “bucket” user (e.g., a user with a distribution list for the email address), your Conversica team can create a custom rule to ensure that these leads are assigned to a specific rep.
- Team Assignment: If you have a team in Conversica that you want to handle Website Chat leads, a custom rule can be implemented for all leads to be distributed in Round Robin fashion to the Reps on this team.
- Alternative Routing for Customer Support: If you plan to provide customers who visit your website the option to request support and generate a ticket with your Customer Support team, follow the steps outlined in our Website Chat Recipe for sending a case to your support team.
Once you have identified how Website Chat leads will be assigned for your company, you or other users with Admin or Manager profiles may want to be copied on and receive alerts generated via these leads.
Any time a website visitor provides contact information via Website Chat, the Revenue Digital Assistant(RDA) will apply a Lead to Review status and send an alert to the assigned Rep. If you plan on using Website Chat to capture and route requests to Customer Support, these leads will have the Further Action lead status applied.
With Users, Profiles & Teams you can edit user settings to opt in for these alerts.
Depending on their user profile, you will need to follow different steps to opt-in to Website Chat alerts.
If you are an Admin you can opt-in for all Website Chat alerts, access User Settings, and click Alert Settings to select the users and teams that you would like to Receive Alerts for.
Users with Manager profiles can opt-in for alerts of users on their teams by updating their Alert Settings. If a Manager would like to opt-in for alerts of users from another team that they do not manage, edit their Profile settings to provide them with the Manage all Users view permissions.
In order to provide your Revenue Digital Assistant with a location to convert website visitors they engage with into leads or customers in Conversica, follow these steps to map and activate a contact list.
- Log in to the Conversica dashboard and click on the Conversations tab.
- Hover over the Website Chat Outreach conversation and click Map New.
- Create or select a name for your Contact List
- If you do not have any third-party systems integrated with Conversica:
- Type in the name of the List that you would like to use.
- If you have an existing third-party integration:
- Create a list (i.e. Salesforce Campaign, Marketo Static List) in your integrated system. This list will not be populated with leads, it is only used to identify the name of the campaign that you will use on your website.
- Refresh the Conversations tab
- Select the List you created in your integrated system.
- If you do not have any third-party systems integrated with Conversica:
- Click Add Mapping.
- In the Website Chat Outreach conversation, select the Contact List, and mark it active.
- Make a note of the Contact List ID shown in parentheses after the List Name as this will be required later in the Preview Tool.
- For Marketo users: If you plan on pushing new leads into Marketo:
- Create a Marketo Program using the same name as the Marketo Static Lead List you created above (i.e. if you created a Static List named "webchatv1" then create a program named "webchatv1").
- This program will be populated with leads who provide their email address in a chat conversation.
Website chat conversations can be edited in the Conversation Editor to customize your Revenue Digital Assistant’s engagement with visitors. Follow the steps below to add verbiage unique to your business needs and provide links within your chat for visitors to book a meeting with a Representative or chat with a Live Agent.
The below image provides an overview of the structure of the Website Chat Conversation that you can use to help with mapping your conversation and Representative Responses.
In addition to the above Quick Reference Guide, you can download this planning template to assist with mapping and editing your Website Chat Outreach conversation.
Click here for more information about customizing conversations with the Conversation Editor.
- Open the Website Chat Outreach conversation in the Conversation Editor
- Select your Contact List from the Select Contact List drop-down.
- Click on the Review/Edit button in any of the Assistant messages to view the Dynamic Fields that can be customized.
- Replace the preset Dynamic Field values with your custom content.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: If you do not have access to Conversation Editor you can find instructions on how to activate it here.
By customizing the Representative Responses you are providing your Revenue Digital Assistant (RDA) with information on what types of website visitor responses to look for and which conversation paths to take. Your RDA will interpret responses via both free-form text entered by the visitor along with Quick Reply buttons that you can edit.
If your RDA receives a response that does not meet any of the Representative Responses you have described, your RDA will gather the visitor's information and send an alert to the representative assigned to Website Chat conversations.
- Access the Conversation Editor and click Website Chat Outreach.
- Hover over the Response Category you want to customize and click Edit.
- Locate the Representative Response you would like to update and click the Edit icon.
- If you would like to create a Quick Reply button, use the Show Button checkbox.
- To set a Lead Status when a lead's message matches this response, select a status from the dropdown.
- Click Save Changes to update the Representative Response(s).
Your final step involves using your custom Website Chat Preview Tool link, provided by Conversica, to customize how your instance of Website Chat will appear and function on your website by generating code for you to cut-and-paste onto your website.
- Access the Website Chat Preview Tool via the link that was provided by your Conversica team.
- For the "programid" parameter replace the string "required" with the List ID created in the Conversation Editor.
- Refer to the Website Chat Customization Options to add and modify any optional customization parameters you would like to use.
- Click Submit.
- The Preview Tool will reload and display your chat avatar and conversation using the customizations you have specified.
- If there are any errors that occurred during your customizations, you will receive an error message in red.