Number of API Calls
Conversica pulls data from Salesforce for leads that are on campaigns synced in the dashboard. Information is pulled by making API calls.
- Conversica pulls each update to a Lead, Contact, and Campaign Member once every 2 minutes.
- These pulls are in batches of 2,000 updates per API call. For example, if there were 3,500 updates in 2 minutes, Conversica would make 2 API calls.
- This means Conversica would make 720 API calls a day for a typical client with less than 2,000 updates every 2 minutes.
Each time a leads status changes in the Conversica dashboard, Conversica will push that information to Salesforce by making API calls.
- Salesforce allows you to update one lead per API call. This means that each update to a lead is one API call. The number of leads that are actively changing directly dictates the number of API calls made for pushing.
- When a lead is added, we generate approximately 6-8 API calls the first day (insert, status changing on insert, message sent, and status change on message sent for both the lead and campaign member objects). The number of API calls diminishes over time.
- The average number of API calls per lead is 16.
Additional status changes like rep reassignment or using the Conversica Options field can trigger API calls because Conversica updates the Salesforce environment with new statuses. Lead Owner reassignment or using the Conversica Options field can also trigger API calls when we are updating new statuses. Note that pausing and unpausing an account will also update every active lead in the account. It's best to space lead uploads or other updates over a few days to minimize API spikes.
Any AppExchange application that has passed Security Review gets a designation that indicates that the number of apps, tabs, and objects in their managed package counting toward an org's limits. Conversica's application has no limits. This can be viewed on Conversica's AppExchange Details Conversica's apex code also should not count against your org's limits.
However, custom field limits still apply. For example, if you have 490 custom fields created on the lead object and Conversica needs to install 24 custom fields, whenever you try to download the Conversica package, it will fail. Here are the number of custom fields per object packaged with our app:
|Number of Custom Fields