Step 1: Downloading the Conversica Package
Access the Conversica Package on the Salesforce AppExchange: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B4dXLEAZ
There are three options when downloading the Conversica Package:
Please Note: In all three options you will still need to grant the connected app permission to the profile of the user if you would like them to see the Conversica Tab or Visualforce Sections. Please reference Configuring User Permissions Through Profiles or Permission Sets in step 3 of implementation on how to manage profiles for the Conversica Package.
Install for Admins Only:
- If you are not aware of all users that will need access to Conversica, or you do not use Profiles to manage user permissions (instead of using Permission Sets or other custom settings). Installing the System Administrator Profile will be a good option so that you can manage user permissions after the install.
Install for All Users:
- If all users in your organization will be using Conversica, you may install for all users.
Install for Specific Profiles:
- If you already know which users are going to need access to Conversica and you use profiles to manage your user permissions, you can speed the implementation time by selecting the appropriate profiles for the install.
Once you have selected your installation preference and click on Install, you will receive a confirmation pop up window to grant third party access to Conversica. Select Yes and Continue.
Your application will begin to install. When completed, click Done.
Step 2: Configuring General Settings
You will now be taken to your list of Installed Packages. To complete the configuration process, you need to access the Conversica App under Manage Apps -> Connected Apps.
- If you are not already in Setup in Salesforce, you will need to access the Setup menu. You can access the setup menu by selecting your user drop-down menu in the top right corner:
- Under Administration Setup, expand Manage Apps and click Connected Apps:
- Find Conversica in your list of Connected Apps. Click on Edit.
- There are four settings to edit/confirm in your Conversica App settings.
- Refresh Token Policy
- Select Refresh token is valid until revoked.
- Expiring your token will prevent Conversica from accessing new leads and updating Conversica’s fields.
- Pre-Authorize Admin Users
- Under OAuth policies, ensure Admin approved users are pre-authorized and click OK on pop-up.
- If you are using Professional or General Editions, your only option is to select All users may self-authorize. This setting works as well for all editions and will allow all users in the organization to Authorize the Conversica App.
- Timeout Value: The shorter the timeout, the more API Calls Conversica may need to make. If you hit your API limits, Conversica will not be able to receive or update leads. We recommend the Timeout Value is set to None.
- High assurance session required: OFF (unchecked)
- Refresh Token Policy
- Adjust all settings and click Save.
Now that you've finished downloading the Conversica Package and configuring the general settings. You are now ready to move on to setting up your page layouts: Adjusting Page Layouts on Lead/Contact/Campaign Objects