Before beginning the installation, please make sure that:
- Your user in Pardot has an Administrator role
- Your user in SFDC has an Administrator role
- Your Conversica account is provisioned and ready for use
- You have established contact with your Technical Account Manager
Create a New User in Salesforce
At this point the client should have followed their migration guide and completed the steps to connect their Pardot and Salesforce accounts.
To continue, the client should have:
- Pardot app installed in Salesforce
- Salesforce-Pardot Connector installed and verified in Pardot
Additional steps for Conversica clients
We will need the following information for each client:
- SSO username (Steps 1 and 2)
- SSO password
- Consumer key (Step 3)
- Consumer secret
- Pardot Business ID (Step 4)
Step 1. Create a Salesforce User
- In Salesforce Setup, search for Users and click New User. This is the user for Conversica and will need the username and password.
- Use a unique username which indicates the purpose of this integration, and be sure to select the Identity User License. (If you pick another license by mistake, you can’t downgrade the license to Identity, so be careful!)
- Save the new user and then activate the account from the email that Salesforce sent out.
- As part of activating the account, pick, password.
- Provide this sso username and sso password to Conversica.
Step 2. Setup Pardot User
- In Salesforce, launch the Pardot app, go to Pardot Settings, Users and Add User.
- Provide the name and email address you used for the Salesforce User.
- Optional, but recommended: note the time zone, or maybe adjust it to match the time zone that the Integration is running in. If these don’t match, you might get some really weird results later when you use the API because of the differences in day boundaries if you use datetime based queries.
- Pick the CRM Username that you just created in Salesforce (you will likely need to refresh the list of users). Also, pick the Role. Sales Manager will give you access to Prospect data, and not much for Pardot assets, Marketing will likely give you what most Pardot API integrations need for access, but if you need to create custom fields, you will need to grant the Admin role. Custom roles for API access control is also supported and recommended if you have access to them.
- Optional, but recommended: Disable all emails that will be sent to the integration user’s mailbox.
- Click Create User.
- Click the Enable Salesforce single sign-on link to complete this process.
- Log out of Pardot, clear cookies, and log in to Pardot again using the Salesforce SSO login.
Step 3. Create Connected App in Salesforce
- Switch to Salesforce Classic Experience
- In Setup, go to Build > Create > Apps
- The Apps page has a few sections. Scroll to the bottom to Connected Apps, and click New.
- Fill in the Basic information, Enable OAuth Settings, specify the Callback URL (https://login.salesforce.com/services/oauth2/callback) and select the Access Pardot services OAuth Scope.
- You do not need to put anything in for the other sections (Web App Settings, Custom Connected App Handler, Mobile App Settings, Canvas App Settings). Click Save
- You may get a prompt to wait for a while before using this app. Click Continue
- After the app is created, navigate to App Manager and click on drop down area to far right of the app just created and select “Manage”
- Click on “Edit Policies”
- For IP Relaxation, select from dropdown “Relax IP restrictions”
- If the client wants to restrict IP addresses, they will have to update their organization to whitelist all of Conversica’s IP addresses.
- Almost Done! Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret, provide this information to Conversica.
Step 4. Get Pardot Business Unit
- Switch back to Lightning Experience, launch Setup.
- Search for Pardot Setup Home, click Assign Admin to get to the list of Business Units.
- Grab Business Unit ID
- Provide this Business Unit ID to Conversica.
Provide Conversica with the New User’s Info
Contact your Technical Account Manager and provide them with the following credentials for the new user:
- SSO Username
- SSO Password
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Business Unit ID
Create Custom Prospect Fields
As Conversica engages with your prospects, we will update these custom fields to provide the prospect’s status during the conversation.
To create custom prospect fields, navigate to Admin > Configure Fields > Prospect fields, and select Add Custom Field.
|Field Name (case sensitive)||Type||Field API ID (case sensitive)|
|Conversica Lead Status||Text||Conversica_Lead_Status|
|Conversica Lead Status Date||Date||Conversica_Lead_Status_Date|
|Conversica Conversation Stage||Text||Conversica_Conversation_Stage|
|Conversica Conversation Stage Date||Date||Conversica_Conversation_Stage_Date|
|Conversica Conversation Status||Text||Conversica_Conversation_Status|
|Conversica Conversation Status Date||Date||Conversica_Conversation_Status_Date|
|Conversica Hot Lead||Radio Button*||Conversica_Hot_Lead|
|Conversica Hot Lead Date||Date||Conversica_Hot_Lead_Date|
|Conversica Lead At Risk||Radio Button*||Conversica_Lead_At_Risk|
|Conversica Lead At Risk Date||Date||Conversica_Lead_At_Risk_Date|
|Conversica Action Required||Radio Button*||Conversica_Action_Required|
|Conversica Action Required Date||Date||Conversica_Action_Required_Date|
|Conversica Discovered Phone 1||Text||Conversica_Discovered_Phone_1|
|Conversica Discovered Phone 2||Text||Conversica_Discovered_Phone_2|
|Conversica Do Not Email||Radio Button*||Conversica_Do_Not_Email|
|Conversica Stop||Radio Button*||Conversica_Stop|
|Conversica Skip To Follow Up||Radio Button*||Conversica_Skip_To_Follow_Up|
|Conversica Last Response||TextArea||Conversica_Last_Response|
|Conversica Conversation History||TextArea||Conversica_Conversation_History|
|Conversica Date Added||Date||Conversica_Date_Added|
|Conversica First Message Date||Date||Conversica_First_Message_Date|
|Conversica Last Message Date||Date||Conversica_Last_Message_Date|
|Conversica Last Response Date||Date||Conversica_Last_Response_Date|
|Conversica Lead Profile||Text||Conversica_Lead_Profile|
|Conversica Further Action||Radio Button*||Conversica_Further_Action|
|Conversica Further Action Date||Date||Conversica_Further_Action_Date|
|Conversica Discovered Email 1||Text||Conversica_Discovered_Email_1|
|Conversica Discovered Email 2||Text||Conversica_Discovered_Email_2|
|Conversica Discovered Name||Text||Conversica_Discovered_Name|
|Conversica SMS Opt Out||Radio Button*||Conversica_SMS_Opt_Out|
*For Radio Buttons, check the Use predefined values box, then set the two values to "true" and "false" (ignore the "Prefill with" dropdown)
Add Prospects to Lists
Prospects are synced with Conversica through Lists in Pardot. Adding a prospect to a List sends that prospect to Conversica to be engaged. Create a List for each of your Conversica conversations. Provide the ID of each of your Lists to your Technical Account Manager so they can be connected to the correct conversations in Conversica.
To acquire a List’s ID, navigate to Marketing > Segmentation > Lists, and select the desired List. The List’s ID is the number at the end of this page’s URL:
Connect Pardot to Conversica
At this point, you should notify Conversica that it is time to connect the two systems using the API. Please contact your Technical Account Manager to complete this step.
Contact Conversica for Support
Should you have any questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to connect with our support team: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 633 7738.