The Default Rep is a user profile that is assigned leads when the assigned rep in your CRM or integrated system is missing from Conversica. The Default Rep system is important because it enables leads that come in unassigned to be worked by your Revenue Digital Assistant™, and we want to make sure that your RDA™ is engaging with every lead possible.
Why do I need a Default Rep?
Think of the Default Rep as the safety net that catches any lead that is not assigned and makes sure that outreach is performed. There are many reasons why Conversica may not be able to correctly assign a lead to the rep that it was assigned to in the CRM:
- The assigned rep does not have a Conversica profile. If the lead is assigned to a user that is present in the CRM, but not in Conversica. If the assigned rep is not present in Conversica, the lead will be assigned to the Default Rep, because it has nowhere else to go.
- The assigned rep does not have a Conversica profile with the permission to 'Work Leads.'
- There is a misspelling or missing piece of information in the name of the assigned rep. The first, last (and when present, middle) name of the rep must match in Conversica exactly what is in the CRM, including punctuation, if there is any, such as hyphens or periods.
- If there is a misspelling, it can be corrected in the Conversica user profile.
- If a middle name is present, it must be entered in the “First Name” field, not the “Last Name” field.
- If a suffix is present, it must be entered after the last name, exactly how it appears in the CRM.
- If the rep uses a nickname or alternate spelling, add it as an "other name/alias" to the rep's Conversica profile. For example, if the rep's name is "Jennifer" in your CRM/integrated system, but their name is "Jen" in their Conversica profile, Conversica will not be able to match assignment unless "Jennifer" is an "other name/alias" in the rep's user profile. Refer to Add or Edit a User for instructions on how to add an "other name/alias".
Who Should be Default Rep?
There are a few options for you to choose from.
- Create a generic "Default Rep" or “Internet Bucket” profile, with an email address of a manager, or a general-use email address. The messaging name can be set to “a representative”, so that anyone of the reps at your store could reach out and help this lead.
- Assign a specific rep to be the Default rep. This rep would not only be responsible for reaching out to their own assigned leads, but any leads that came into them through the Default Rep.
- Set up Round Robin for Default Rep leads. Round Robin means that any leads that come in unassigned would be distributed among active Conversica users eligible to work leads.
How do I change the Default Rep?
- Navigate to Settings > Users, Profiles & Teams.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click the Default Rep dropdown and select the user profile that you would like to assign as the default rep.
- Click Submit.