The following instructions outline how to update permissions and access to fields that Conversica needs to update. Conversica uses an API user, selected at time of installation, to update the Conversica provided fields and Visualforce sections. This API user is typically a user under the System Administrator profile in Salesforce. If the API user does not have permission or access to update a field, Conversica updates will not make it to your Lead/Contact/Campaign Member pages.
It is likely your Technical Account Manager has provided you with the user ID and the field names which need these updates. Please follow the instructions below to update the fields; if you have any questions, please contact your Technical Account Manager.
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup/Build > Customize.
- Choose the object to update (this will be Leads, Contacts, and Campaigns for Campaign Members) and expand the menu.
- Select Fields.
- Depending on the fields your Technical Account Manager has told you to update, you may need to scroll to Lead Standard Fields or to Lead Custom Fields & Relationships.
- Click on the field that requires the permissions and access update.
- Click Set Field-Level Security.
- Find the profile that your Conversica API user is under (most often System Administrator). Check the box under the Visible column.
- Click Save.
- Click View Field Accessibility.
- For the profile of the Conversica API User, make sure it says Editable under the Master column.
Make sure the Field-Level Security still has Visible checked.
Make sure Visible is checked on the Page Layout as well.
Note: If you have rules set on Record Types, the Conversica Options fields may need to have additional steps taken.
1. Go to the Leads/Contacts/Campaign Members menu and click Record Types.
2. Select the record types that could be affected.
3. Under Picklists Available for Editing, click Edit next to Conversica Options.
4. Select both Stop and Skip to follow-up and push them to Selected Values.