One Live Instance
Conversica offers support for installing the Conversica package into Sandbox for testing prior to moving to production. There are a few things to consider when installing into a sandbox environment first with this method:
- There is only one instance of Conversica. This means that we will connect to your sandbox environment first and migrate to production on the same Conversica instance.
- Any settings added to the Conversica Dashboard in Sandbox will transfer to production. This includes:
- Assistant Settings: Name, Email, Title, Work Hours, etc.
- Conversica Users: Sales Reps, Managers, & Admins
- Team Settings
- Alert Settings
- Company Settings
- Salesforce campaigns do not transfer as they are Org specific. Any campaigns synced to Conversica during the Sandbox install will need to be removed once migrated to Production, even if the campaigns share the same ids in production as they do in Sandbox.
How to Migrate After a Successful Test in Sandbox
Migrating from Sandbox to Production:
- Reinstall Conversica in your Production environment
- Configure user permissions
- Adjust page layouts for Conversica
Provide your Technical Account Manager with the following:
- Production Org ID
- Production API User ID
After providing your production credentials, your Technical Account Manager will complete the migration. Once migrated, you will need to access the Conversica Dashboard in Salesforce with your production API user in order to grant Conversica API access. After API access has been granted, you will be able to add new users and sync Salesforce Campaigns to your Conversica Conversations. You will work with your Technical Account Manager to ensure that the migration was completed successfully.
Two Live Instances (Sandbox and Production)
Conversica can support active accounts in both the clients' Sandbox and Production Orgs simultaneously throughout the lifetime of the client. This option is used when the customer wants to be able to continue testing various changes in their sandbox alongside Conversica after the production account goes live. Here is what you need to consider when setting up two separate instances for the same client:
The subdomain can be shared between the two accounts, but the email username can only be used on a single account. For example, John.Smith@conversica.com is being used on the sandbox account. The “John.Smith” username is now unusable on the production account. Be careful not to use the intended production email username on the sandbox assistant email address.
All User, Profiles, and Team settings must be added to the prod account matching the following from sandbox:
- Adding of Reps/Managers/Admins
- Profile Permissions
- Team Settings
- Default Rep Settings
- Alert Settings
- Any Lead Processing Rules will need to be transferred to the new account.
Once production campaigns have been created and mapped, the conversation variables and any other conversation customizations will need to be transferred.
Testing in production is more important in this situation to make sure all Conversica aspects were transferred over correctly and are functioning.