Conversica makes API calls to update lead information in your Marketo Instance. Whenever there is an update made to a lead in Conversica:
- Updates are queued up to send every two minutes through a single API call
- The maximum batch of updates we can send in a single call is 300
- Conversica will make additional calls in the same two-minute interval if the queue exceeds 300 updates
In general, more than 300 updates in 2 minutes is fairly rare but could happen with larger volumes of leads. Most clients with a steady lead flow experience 720 calls per day, or a single call every 2 minutes.
Conversica makes API Calls to pull lead data from Marketo. This includes adding new leads and updating already existing leads in Conversica.
- Conversica looks for updates for leads that are on static lists that are synced and active within our system every 10 minutes.
- If an active lead is removed from a list or the list is NOT active in our system we will look for updates 2 times per day. We do not look for updates on inactive leads if they are removed from an active list or if the list is not active.
Here is a formula for calculating our API Calls for Pulling Lead Data: (Conversica Associated Leads/300)* times we pull per day(~144) + (Not Associated Leads/300) * 2
- Conversica Associated Leads - Leads on synced lists
- Not Associated Leads - Leads active but not on the synced list
Reducing API Calls:
There are a couple of options:
- Have your Technical Account Manager deactivate parsing (deactivate) for lists that you are no longer using or adding leads too. This could be useful for webinar events, or events that have already run their course. Keep in mind even if I turn off parsing we will still look for updates 2 times a day for leads that are still active if there are any.
- Remove Leads from lists in Marketo that are synced to Conversica.
- A variation of this would be to only remove inactive leads (Stopped, Email Opt-Out, Listening, etc). This option is useful for lists that you continue to use on a regular basis for content downloads.
- If you are doing reporting on your lists, you could remove leads and add them to a separate list that isn't synced with Conversica and change your reporting criteria to include both lists. That way you don't lose any data.