This article provides an easy to follow list of all the file checks necessary to ensure your CSV file is ready to upload to the Conversica server. A thorough review should take about 15 minutes.
Start by getting the final template CSV (or testing file) provided by your Technical Account Manager (TAM) for reference. This file will be in the exact format that your CSV file will need to be in.
5-minute check – File will be accepted
- Match Exact Header Text: Ensure that all mapped column headers are included in the file you are preparing.
- Include Email Address: Each row must contain an email address.
- Note: For SMS First conversations, email can be excluded but there must be an opted in phone number in its place.
- Type Exact Conversation ID: Each row must contain the exact Conversation ID provided by your TAM.
- Save as Type: CSV (Comma delimited) or CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited)
10-minute check – Data will be correct
First and Last Name Values:
- Are they in the correct columns?
- Do they align with the Email Address on the same row?
- Rep Assignment:
- Is the correct Rep assigned?
- Has that Rep been added as a User in Conversica’s Dashboard?
- Is the Rep’s name spelled exactly as it is in the Conversica Team Settings?
- Source: Are you including the record source as you want it to appear in Reports?
- Unique ID: Do you need to include your system's unique ID for this record?
- Additional Required Columns: Does your Conversation require additional values to be included under special column headers?
- Additional Optional Columns: Do you have other data from your system that you would like to access from the Conversica Dashboard’s additional information menu?
You have now thoroughly reviewed your file and it is ready for upload. If you would like to have your TAM review your file, ask your TAM to create a folder in your SFTP directory that will not be processed by Conversica, and then upload your file to this directory and notify your TAM that your file is ready for review.