As we all know, engagement can ebb and flow for a variety of reasons; the timing of the outreach can take its toll, or leads may be coming from new avenues and it takes them a minute to warm up. Whatever the case may be, if you feel like these trends are something you want to look at, we have the recipe for you!
The Trends and Custom Comparison reports will help you to understand the overall progression of leads against varying targets. These reports can also help you evaluate the process for adding leads to Conversica, or reveal interesting data patterns that you had not noticed before.
What You’ll Need
- Access to Conversoca Reporting.
- Admins, managers, or users with manager permissions, have access to reporting in the Conversica Dashboard.
- For an introduction to the different reporting metrics and dimensions available for your custom reporting, scroll to the Metric Definitions section of the above article.
How to Create the Report
- From the Conversica dashboard, select Reporting >Trends.
- Ensure the Date Range Type is set to Submitted Date.
- Change the Date Range to your desired time frame.
- For example:
- Select last 30 days if you want to review the trends over the last month.
- Select Year To Date to see more data trends over the last several months.
- For example:
- Set the metric that you want to break the report down by. Usually with the Trend report, this is time based, such as “(Date by Month)”, but you have other options as well.
- Now, you are ready to review your report!
How to Review the Report
The Trends Report displays 8 default metrics with regard to the leads submitted within your pre-selected date range:
- Attempted Leads
- Messaged Leads
- Leads Opened Tracking Image
- Leads Opened Tracking Imager (% of Leads Sent Tracking Image)
- Unhealthy (% of Attempted Leads)
- Engaged Leads (% of Messaged Leads)
- Leads Ever Hot (% of Messaged Leads)
- Leads Ever Satisfied (% of Messaged Leads)
You can add or subtract metrics as you wish to more accurately see the trends you are looking for. For example, with a Salesforce integration, if you wanted to see your Assisted Opportunities month over month, you could first adjust your date cohort from “Submitted Date” to “Ever became an Opportunity in Range”, select your desired timeframe, and then add the additional metrics:
- Assisted Opportunities
- Assisted Opportunities (% of Engaged Leads)
- Assisted Opportunities Amount
You can also adjust your breakdown option, as it defaults to “None”. If you wanted to see month over month, you would select “Date (by Month)”, but you can also choose to break it down by week or quarter. You can also break down my non-temporal dimensions like Lead Quality, Conversation, Assistant, or many other options.
If you specifically notice some concerning trends with your Unhealthy lead volume, we suggest you review our How You Can Improve Your Results with Conversica article to learn what steps to take to improve your lead health.
Suggested Frequency to Run this Report
- Anytime you want to compare performance over a given time frame.
- Anytime you change your strategy, add a new skill to your contract, or change your messaging variables.
- Whenever you want to investigate a particular metric and dig deeper into the “why” of your assistant’s performance.
- At least quarterly to stay abreast of any changes as they arise.