Implementing your Dynamics integration is often step one to onboarding with Conversica. After implementation, we want to ensure you are set up for success by aligning with your existing processes as best as we can to drive adoption for your reps, managers, and admins involved with Conversica.
The strategies outlined below dive right into the top ways to optimize your use of Dynamics with Conversica in the following areas:
- Rep assignment
- Rep alerting
- CRM visibility.
Ensuring leads are properly assigned to reps from your organization is critical so that each lead gets the attention they deserve as they become actionable, whether they become a Hot Lead, Lead to Review, or Further Action.
While directly assigning leads or contacts to reps in Dynamics before adding them to a static list mapped in Conversica remains a best practice, let’s review an alternative strategy designed to take the heavy lifting off your plate called Conversica Based Assignment.
Leveraging Conversica Based Assignment
We can set up rep assignment logic on your behalf to round robin to one or multiple teams as new leads are added to Conversica, based on a unique keyword included in the name of your Dynamics Static List.
Here’s how it works:
- As leads are added to Conversica, we will round robin assign leads to one or multiple teams you have set up in your Conversica dashboard.
- The assignment rules are built around a unique keyword or phrase contained in the title of your static list (i.e. Sales) . You will want to ensure you use this keyword each time you are using the same assignment strategy for a scalable approach.
- When a lead becomes actionable, reps will receive the default Conversica Lead Status email alerts (i.e. Hot Lead, Further Action, Lead to Review) so they know when it’s time to follow up.
- Additionally, you have the option to create a custom Conversica Owner field, and we can push the name of the Conversica assigned reps back to your Dynamics instance for consistency between your two systems.
- Lastly, if a lead comes in unassigned or misassigned, we will round robin to the appropriate team, rather than defaulting to the default rep, providing an equal allocation of leads from the start.
Sample Use Case
Let’s say you are a sports team who would like to round robin assign leads to different teams based on the product type. See below for an example of unique keywords to use in your static list name, and how the logic would be created for a Conversica Based Assignment.
To learn more about Conversica based assignment for Dynamics, check out this great article: Dynamics Rep Assignment Options
Rep Alerting with Conversica Based Assignment
It is very common for reps to rely on Conversica email alerts to determine when to take action for leads being worked by your AI-powered assistant. Proper rep assignment is key to ensuring the correct reps receive alerts for the leads that are assigned to them. Leveraging the Conversica Based Assignment strategy above can also have the following benefits when it comes to properly alerting reps it’s time to take action.
- Proper assignment in Conversica will ensure the correct alerts are triggered at the right time so reps can engage with leads in a timely manner.
- When a lead becomes a Hot Lead, Lead to Review, or Further Action, reps will receive the associated email alerts as soon as the lead status changes, because the leads will already be assigned at the time these events occur.
CRM Visibility - Empower your Team to Use Conversica Fields in Dynamics
Driving your team’s adoption of Conversica involves empowering reps to work Conversica leads effectively from your Dynamics instance, without requiring them to log into an additional platform.
To give reps access to actionable Conversica lead information, and an overall better experience when working Conversica leads from Dynamics, we recommend empowering reps to use the following fields:
If these fields do not yet exist on your lead page layout, we highly encourage you to add these fields. Here is a link to our article regarding adding fields to the page layout: Conversica - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Setup Guide (Scroll to the section titled “B. Create Custom Lead Fields”).
That wraps up our top 3 tips to optimize your use of Dynamics with Conversica. If you have successfully implemented any one of these tips, please share your use cases in the comments below!
If you have any questions, ask below and I’ll be happy to answer them.
Please sign in to leave a comment.