Before beginning your Conversica installation, please ensure the following:
- You have sufficient administrative permissions for your HubSpot account
- Your Conversica account is provisioned and ready for use
- You have established contact with your Conversica Technical Account Manager
- You’re aware of which version of Hubspot you’re using, instructions can be found HERE
Installing the Conversica App
To find your Hub ID, navigate to your HubSpot account dashboard and scroll to the bottom of the screen. In the lower-right corner of the screen, you will see “Hub ID: XXXXX.”
Authorizing the Conversica App
Getting Started (Marketing Hub Users)
*if using Sales Hub and CRM only please skip to “Getting Started | Sales Hub and CRM Only”
Creating Lists in Hubspot
- To create a List, navigate to Contacts > Lists on your HubSpot Marketing Hub dashboard. Then, select the blue New List button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on the Name List button. This will open a text field where you can enter the name of your newly created List. Below this text field you can select a specific type of List to create:
- Static Lists are only updated if a user manually adds or removes Contacts
- Active Lists are updated continuously based on your account-specific rules in HubSpot
- Once your List is named and the type of List has been selected, you can Save the List. Again, keep in mind the following distinctions between Static and Active Lists:
- Static Lists can be updated with new Contacts as often as is desired (Step three below is optional for Static Lists)
- Active Lists require segmentation rules in HubSpot to determine when or under what conditions a new Contact should be added to the List
- Beneath the List type selection are options for segmenting Contacts. For more information regarding segmentation rules or List criteria, please refer to the available HubSpot documentation.
Connecting Hubspot to Conversica
Once your List is complete in Hubspot, you’ll need to connect it with your Conversica Account to map the appropriate conversation.
You may quickly and easily map a contact list or user list from your integrated system to a conversation from the Conversations page using the steps below.
- From the Conversica Dashboard, click Conversations.
- Hover over the desired conversation to display available options.
- Click Map New. (If you do not see your recently created contact list, click Refresh)
- Enter the contact list ID or Name.
- Click Add Mapping.
Note: If the desired contact list is already mapped, that option will be greyed out and [Already mapped] will be displayed following the contact list name and ID.
*Additional information on managing your contact lists & conversations in Conversica can be found here.
Activating your Contact List
With the pathway created, the last step is to Activate the Contact list.
*If you’ve already added contacts to your list in Hubspot, you’ll need to remove/re-add them after completing these steps. Once the list is active in Conversica, we will automatically message any leads that are added after.
- From the Conversation Editor Page, click on “Select Contact List” dropdown menu
- Select the desired Contact List
- Within the Contact List settings, click on the dropdown labeled “Inactive” and select “Active”
This concludes the Marketing Hub Setup - you are now ready to leverage your Conversica Assistant to work leads from HubSpot!
Getting Started (Sales Hub and CRM Only)
*This section is only applicable for those using Sales Hub or CRM Only
By providing the names of your preferred Conversica Conversation IDs to your Conversica Technical Account Manager, your Contacts can be synced to the proper Conversica Conversations.
Updating a Single Contact Conversation ID:
To add a Conversica Conversation ID to a single Contact
- Navigate to the specific Contact page in your HubSpot account.
- From the individual Contact page, on the left-hand side of the screen (in the “About” section) you’ll find an editable text field labeled “Conversica Conversation ID.”
- Update this field with the desired value to associate them with that Conversation ID.
Updating Multiple Contact Conversation IDs:
To add the same Conversica Conversation ID to multiple Contacts:
- Navigate to the Contact page in your HubSpot account ( Contacts > Contacts from the top menu):
- Use the checkboxes to select more than one Contact, and then click Edit. This will provide you with a new modal and dropdown menu to select the property you wish to update (for all selected Contacts):
3. From this modal, scroll down to “Conversica Conversation ID" and select it, or you can Search for “Conversica Conversation ID” in the provided search field.
4. Once selected, you will be provided with a new text field below your selection. Enter the desired Conversation ID name in this field, and click Update to save your changes.
Connecting HubSpot to Conversica
This concludes the Sales Hub and CRM Only setup – you are now ready to begin leveraging your Conversica Assistant to work leads from HubSpot!
Custom Contact Properties for Conversica in HubSpot
These properties can be pinned to the “About this contact” Section for added visibility. Instructions can be found in the next section.
|Display Name||Data Type||API Field Name||Data Example|
|Conversica Action Required||Check Box||conversica_action_required||true, false|
|Conversica Action Required Date||Date Picker||conversica_action_required_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Conversation Stage||Single Line Text Box||conversica_conversation_stage||"Messaging"|
|Conversica Conversation Stage Date||Date Picker||conversica_conversation_stage_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Conversation Status||Single Line Text Box||conversica_conversation_status||"Sent Message"|
|Conversica Conversation Status Date||Date Picker||conversica_conversation_status_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Date Added||Date Picker||conversica_date_added||1553302909000|
|Conversica Discovered Email 1||Single Line Text Boxfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Conversica Discovered Email 2||Single Line Text Boxemail@example.com|
|Conversica Discovered Name||Single Line Text Box||conversica_discovered_name||"John"|
|Conversica First Message Date||Date Picker||conversica_first_message_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Found Phone Number||Single Line Text Box||conversica_found_phone_number||5555555555|
|Conversica Found Phone Number 2||Single Line Text Box||conversica_found_phone_number_2||5555555555|
|Conversica Further Action||Check Box||conversica_further_action||true, false|
|Conversica Further Action Date||Date Picker||conversica_further_action_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica History||Multi-Line Text Box||conversica_history|
|Conversica Hot Lead||Check Box||conversica_hot_lead||true, false|
|Conversica Hot Lead Date||Date Picker||conversica_hot_lead_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Last Message Date||Date Picker||conversica_last_message_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Last Response Date||Date Picker||conversica_last_response_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Lead At Risk||Check Box||conversica_lead_at_risk||true, false|
|Conversica Lead At Risk Date||Date Picker||conversica_lead_at_risk_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica Lead Profile||Single Line Text Box||conversica_lead_profile||https://my.conversica.com/lead/profile/|
|Conversica Lead Status||Single Line Text Box||conversica_lead_status||"None"|
|Conversica Lead Status Date||Date Picker||conversica_lead_status_date||1553302909000|
|Conversica SMS Opt Out||Check Box||conversica_sms_opt_out||true, false|
|Conversica Stop Messaging||Check Box||conversica_stop_messaging||true, false|
|Last Conversica Response||Multi-Line Text Box||conversica_last_response||"yes, it is"|
|Conversica Skip to Follow Up||Check Box||conversica_skip_to_follow_up||true, false|
Conversica will use the following standard Hubspot fields in addition to the fields above.
|Display Name||API Field Name||Purpose|
|Contact Owner||hubspot_owner_id||Rep Assignment|
|Unsubscribe from all email||hs_email_optout||Unsubscribe|
How to Pin Custom Properties:
1. Click on the Contact Name
2. Click on View All Properties on the left hand side
3. Locate Conversica Information and expand the selection
4. Locate Conversica History -> click on "Add to your view"
Article is closed for comments.