With Forward From Assistant, Conversica allows users to forward individual conversations from the Revenue Digital Assistant™ straight to their email inbox. This creates a seamless hand-off from the AI-powered assistant to a human representative so they can gracefully step in and interact with Conversica-engaged leads directly via email.
Examples of when to Forward from Assistant:
- The lead asks for information that you need to send as an attachment or link.
- This includes, but is not limited to; billing information, white sheets, process instructions, inventory lists.
- The conversation is ready to be handed off to a representative.
- Has the lead indicated they would rather work with their designated rep instead of messaging the assistant? You can forward the email to yourself to transfer the conversation to your own email without starting a completely new conversation.
- The lead provided feedback indicating they would benefit from personalized follow-up.
- Did the customer not have a good experience? Passing the communication to a human who can best empathize with the situation will benefit the relationship with the customer.
The ability to Forward From Assistant is controlled by the permission to Work Leads. If a user has permission to Work Leads, they will also have access to Forward From Assistant. For more information on user permissions, refer to Users, Profiles & Teams.
How to Forward From Assistant
Forward From Assistant is located on the Reply as Assistant interface in the Conversation History.
- Click Forward From Assistant.
- A default forwarding message from the assistant appears. You can customize this message to your liking.
- If you have permission to Stop Messaging and you'd like to stop the Revenue Digital Assistant's conversation, click Stop Messaging. Otherwise, if you'd like the RDA to continue the conversation, move on to step 4.
- Click Send.
- The lead's response will be forwarded to the email address associated with the logged-in user. You can verify where the response will be forwarded by hovering over the Forward as Assistant radio button.
- The response will appear in your inbox as follows:
- Sent From: The Revenue Digital Assistant's name.
- Subject: Fwd: followed by the subject of the lead's last reply
- Body: The full HTML content of the email last received by the lead will be indented/formatted to appear as if it was forwarded from the AI assistant to the rep/user.
- The user can correspond directly with the lead from their email.
- Users can only send Forward From Assistant messages to the email address associated with their Conversica User Profile. If a user wishes to send Forward From Assistant messages to a different email, they must update the email in their User Settings. The ability to send Forward From Assistant messages to an email that is not associated with the User Settings is not supported.
- Forward From Assistant is not available on leads who are not opt-in to Conversica engagement or who are otherwise identified as Do Not Contact.
- Forward From Assistant is not available on leads with one of the following Conversation Statuses:
- CRM Stopped
- Marked Spam
- Do Not Email
- SMS Opt-Out
- Forward From Assistant is not available on leads that are excluded from engagement due to Conversica custom rules (i.e., Conversica is configured to exclude leads from a specific source or leads marked as Lost or Sold in your CRM).
- Email threads that originated as a Forward From Assistant message will not log back into Conversica's Conversation History.
- Email threads that originated as a Forward From Assistant message will not log back into a user's CRM/integrated system unless the user's CRM/integrated system supports email sync and the user configures automatic forwarding in their email settings.
Q: Can I Forward From Assistant to a different user's email address?
A: No. Users can Forward From Assistant to the email associated with their Conversica user profile.
Q: Is Forward From Assistant supported when a lead replies to an SMS conversation?
A: Yes, as long as the user has an email in their Conversica user profile they will be able to receive Forward From Assistant messages in their email inbox.
Q: What happens if a Manager uses Forward From Assistant?
A: The email will forward to the manager's email address.
Q: When someone uses forward from the assistant, is the lead's email address automatically CC'ed on the email from the assistant?
A: No, the email will only send to the logged-in user.